Help with freesat please!

LadyGina

Novice Member
Reaction score
I bought an LG tv four weeks ago and connected my Sky Q box as per instructions. Now at that time I could also get Freesat without the Sky box turned on. This weekend I moved the tv to the other end of the room and had to extend the satellite cable. Now I can't get Freesat at all. On the tv screen it just says 'no programs'. I've tried retuning many times but I'm not getting any joy. I had a tv services chap come today and he says I need something on the satellite (lnb?) but I can't understand why Freesat worked but isn't now. Can anyone give me some advice please? I am not really tech minded so please keep it simple!

I bought an LG tv four weeks ago and connected my Sky Q box as per instructions. Now at that time I could also get Freesat without the Sky box turned on....
Are you sure the TV was tuned to receiving Freesat signals and not Freeview?

What RF input connections are being used on the rear of the TV?

It's definitely Freesat and the only cables going into the back are the power cable, dvd player and an hdmi cable from the Shy Q box.

Think I've just replied in the wrong place! The only cables going into the back are the power, dvd and an hdmi from the Sky Q box.

Just-so-you-know.... When it comes to 'RF' connections...

Antenna/aerial (DVB-T/T2) services only use push-in (Belling-Lee) connections - see left.
Satellite dish (DVB-S/S2) services only use screw type F connections - see right.

Male-or-female-coax-and-F-connectors-600W-L5.jpg

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom