help with focals!!!! poss arcam, cyrus!

motorsportmatt1

Standard Member
:lease:can anyone recommend a good amp and cd player to go with my beloved focals??????
im currently using an alpha 8se and yamaha avr1065.
i listen to pink floyd and guitar bands.
the amp is driving me mad and im close to throwing it out the window.
I have been recommended the cyrus range, but also an arcam avr 350 as it sounds well in stereo as well as movies.
the focals are a little laid back to my ears so need a amp with a little more attack and a great front sound stage.
thanks...............

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
The local Focal distributor is also the Arcam distributor, and he thinks it's the best of all possible combinations.

motorsportmatt1

Standard Member
what do you think? shall i go for cyrus or try a avr350 on my set up, im worried that i will spend all this money and still end up with a mellow sound

phil t

what do you think? shall i go for cyrus or try a avr350 on my set up, im worried that i will spend all this money and still end up with a mellow sound
Find a good dealer, book a demo, take along some of your own music, spend an hour or two listening to your music, then buy whatever amp provides the sound you require.

:)

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
To eliminate your worries, try auditioning before spending, rather than spending before regretting.

THE-STIG-08

Novice Member
well said sir.. i spent the best part of 4 hours making my mind up in the demo rooms of my local store.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom