Help with fixings for 46" wall mount

D

Dodgy Bob

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a scan through the other threads but couldn't see anything that would help.

My problem is that I explained to the builder what I wanted and it didn't work out. I had a brick wall where the TV was to be mounted, but due to the amount of cables he wanted to put up a stud wall on it and then plaster. I marked on the brick wall where the TV bracket was going to be fixed and asked that he put studs where the screws were to go.

When I got home he had built the stud wall and plastered it. I've since found the studs and they don't line up with the bracket, they are too far apart. So I can either fix the top or the bottom of the bracket to a stud but not both. (I also asked him to make the stud wall as thin as possible as the room isn't too big, he said I would lose about 2". Ended up losing about 6" :mad: .)

What can you recommend for :

a) Should I fix the top or bottom part of the bracket to the stud, and with what?

b) What should I use to attach the other part of the bracket to the plasterboard with?

It's for a Samsung 46" LCD, the mount is a flat on the wall one with tilt.

Thanks for your help.

Bob.

BradG

Hi :)

I advise on these for a living.

The BT8422 would be a good choice for you as you fix the bracket at the top and havng the vertical rails on to it.

Take a look here
BT8422 LARGE FLAT PANEL WALL MOUNT

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom