• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help With Faulty Nvidia Titan X Card

Spendy26

Prominent Member
Was hoping someone might be able to help me on this as I have hit a stone wall now. Purchased a 2nd Hand PC with a Nvidia Titan X graphics card in it. The card is now faulty it powers up but there is no display. Nvidia will not replace the in warranty card as 1) I don't have proof of purchase for the card and 2nd) the warranty is not transferable. Any thoughts to how I can get them to replace the card that is still under warranty and cost over £1,000 new?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Have you tried all the different cable types, such as Display Port, HDMI etc to see if it's just one port that has gone?

Can you get in touch with the person you bought it from and see if they can help?

Spendy26

Prominent Member
Have you tried all the different cable types, such as Display Port, HDMI etc to see if it's just one port that has gone?

Can you get in touch with the person you bought it from and see if they can help?

I have tried that but getting no answer, Am trying again with Nvidia claiming consumer rights etc who knows :)

Cocksure

Without the proof of purchase you are in serious trouble, as far as they know, this card could have fallen of the back of a lorry (stolen), add in that it's such a high value item and your odds get even worse.

Spendy26

Prominent Member
I know, I work for a system builder now which is a shame as I could have got it from them. You would have thought that all cards purchased via their website and has the serial number on that they could trace it? And even my employer being an Nvidia partner throws no leverage on the return either :-(

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Just a thought, have you tried it in another PC? Could be a PSU issue, not getting enough power, or something in the BIOS, or drivers. Worth a go.

Cocksure

Trouble is that doesn't mean it's not stolen either as joe blogs buys the card of them and 2 weeks later someone breaks into the house and steals it from him

Have you looked for people who offer a repair service at a cost? Not ideal, but depending on price quoted might be an option

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Try a different PSU.

Spendy26

Prominent Member
Trouble is that doesn't mean it's not stolen either as joe blogs buys the card of them and 2 weeks later someone breaks into the house and steals it from him

Have you looked for people who offer a repair service at a cost? Not ideal, but depending on price quoted might be an option
I haven't but will look into it

Spendy26

Prominent Member
As mentioned I work at a PC System Builder they have tried the card on the bench PC and have confirmed it powers up but gives no display outputs through all outputs.

Cocksure

As mentioned I work at a PC System Builder they have tried the card on the bench PC and have confirmed it powers up but gives no display outputs through all outputs.
Dam :(

In short it's a repair service or bin if you have cannot get hold of the original purchase receipt.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
If the warranty is not transferable then it's not under warranty. Those sorts of legal rights are with the retailer you bought the product from and not the manufacturer. If the manufacturer isn't honouring their own terms and conditions that's one thing, if it was clear from the start that it's not transferable then I doubt you'll get anywhere there.

If it was the older Titan X (GM200) rather than the newer Titan X (GP102) then you may be able to replace it much more cheaply than £1000. The exact equivalent will depend on what workload, but for gaming a Vega 56 or GTX 1070 would be similar.

Even the new GP102 Titan X could potentially be replaced by a GTX 1080ti instead of a Titan Xp.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom