1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Failed Tweeter Mission 752

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by icurnow, Oct 7, 2005.

1. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed no top end from one of my Mission 752's, swapped around to confirm a speaker problem and then went about opening it up. I found a tweeter with moisture (brown rusty colour smooth wetness on inside of dome) and no magnet. Predictable the magnet was found hanging on the back of the bass unit below. I dried it as best as possible and replaced the magnet which had come unstuck from the metal mounting plate. Tweeter now works but is somewhat muted when compared with the partner speaker. Magnetism alone is sufficient to hold the magnet in place so I am presuming two things have occurred without my knowledge -

1. A significant impact/fall over
    2. The introduction of liquid

Two questions - should I beat the kids? (just kidding) OR is their any other possible explanation? and how best should I go about getting this speaker back up to its proper performance?

Advice gratefully received.

Ian Curnow

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Contact Mission, they should be able to sell you a new tweeter if the warranty has expired.

3. RayB

RayB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New tweeter somewhere around £60 from Mission, they have plenty in stock, 5 minutes with a soldering iron to fit

4. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, for the help, will ring mission tomorrow. Still cant quite understand how damage occurred

Ian