1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Electric shower.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GalacticaActual, Jun 2, 2005.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Evening all :)

So, My Little boy was in the shower this evening and all of a sudden red hot water started to flow out of the little plastic overflow pipe which is next to the main shower out let. He was not scolded but it gave him a bit of a shock I can tell you (he is only 3 1/2 afterall :D )
    Does anyone know what might be causing this problem? There is no blockage in the shower outlet pipe and both warm water and hot water come out of both the pipes at the same time :confused:
    It is a Triton AMber 2 electric shower with a mains cold water feed.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    David. :)

2. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    David,

That's worrying - glad he wasn't hurt!

For water to be discharged through the overflow pipe it means that the pressure relief valve has operated, so it's most likely that there was some sort of constriction iin the outlet hose. It could be an internal kink in the hose that's not visible through the outer braiding or limescale build-up within the showerhead.

Try operating the shower first with the shower head removed and then with the entire hose removed to see if it corrects the problem.

I think the pressure relief valves are normally self-resetting rather that 'one-shot' so hopefully it'll work okay. If not how are your plumbing skills :D

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222

Hello mate, Thanks for the reply.
    The water flows through both the hose out let and the over flow even with the hose and shower head disconected from the unit :confused: If I try running the shower with the main hose disconected from it for a while, do you think that it may correct its self?
    If not its a phone call to TRITON customer service and a call out charge of £50.00 plus parts :eek:

4. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    It's worth a try. If it doesn't reset then you need a new pressure relief valve. Shouldn't be difficult to fit if you're ok with basic plumbing skills?

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Yep, spoke to TRiton this morning, they say the same. They are sending out a replacment part. It comes with instructions so I will have to see what I can do.
    Thanks for the help.
    Dave. :)