help with dvr's please

Hi,
I am looking for some help please .
I bought a dvr and 4 cameras , but when I try and start it all up all i get is zxtech screen for about 30 secs then a message saying input not supported , and a very loud beeping noise coming from the dvr
Ive found out that means the res of dvr does not match the resolution on monitor/tv .
Both monitor and tv are set to 1920x1080,
ive been told that i need to lower the resolution on my dvr .
Here is where the problems start , as i can't change the resolution tv or monitor because i get that error message.
And i can't log into the network side by plugging into my router because i don't know the password that the previous owner set up .
Is there anyway , anyone knows how to reset the password ?
zxtech won't help me as i did not buy it from them . And i can't find out anything about the the actual dvr or the cameras , in fact , online , seen similar ones but not the ones i have .
Any help would be appreciated

outoftheknow

then a message saying input not supported , and a very loud beeping noise coming from the dvr
Ive found out that means the res of dvr does not match the resolution on monitor/tv .
Not sure that makes sense - the input would be the cameras? Resolution of DVR output to the monitor and setting on the monitor won’t cause an error such as you describe you wouldn’t think.

explore the resolution of the cameras compared to there inputs to the DVR.

And i can't log into the network side by plugging into my router because i don't know the password that the previous owner set up .
Is there anyway , anyone knows how to reset the password ?
Unless somebody happens to have the manual I suspect we know as much as you do..... look for a reset button somewhere or hole with the reset button in it.

zxtech won't help me as i did not buy it from them . And i can't find out anything about the the actual dvr or the cameras , in fact , online , seen similar ones but not the ones i have .
You may have found the main reasons for not buying this kind of thing without the manual and being shown it is rest to out the box (with instructions). Without those things you are risking not being able to use it so rather than saving money, you may have wasted it :(

outoftheknow

Maybe find the DVR at the UK seller and buy one
Without the HDD

If they sell the one you have use the HDD yoh have and the cameras.

Doesn’t save any more money unfortunately:(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom