• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Question Help with dvdo iscan duo & blu ray playback plz.

masterchefpaul

Hi,as title i'm experiencing a problem when watching blu rays on my tv which is going through a dvdo iscan duo,the problem is that there's a line across the screen that starts either just below the middle & slowly works its way down to bottom or starts from the bottom & works it's way up to around the middle,then disappears for a bit then same happens again,the line isn't coloured or anything it jusy looks like the picture is slightly misaligned,it looks like a scan line or something of the sort to me mostly viewable when screen is panning fast or changing to different scene,it doesn't do it on my projector or if i feed player direct to tv,have tried PS3,PS4,Sony bdp350 & Philips bdp300,all do the same thing, doesn't do it with dvd only blu ray,also doesn't do it with any other source ie sky,pc,netflix etc,i have tried changing outputs on dvdo & inputs on tv,it must be related to the dvdo somehow but to be honest it's got me stumped,i owned a dvdo edge before this for 4 years or so & never had a single issue with it,but couldn't find a splitter compatible with it to display to tv/projector & eventually got fed up with pulling it out to swap cables all the time so got rid off it,i do have a video showing the problem that i'd be more than happy to send via whatsapp.
sorry for the long winded message but I watch a ton of movies & it's extremely distracting at times.

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers,paul.

masterchefpaul

Actually have just managed to get a few pictures of the problem which i will add below,the movie is shogun assassin & in this movie the line goes from bottom of screen & works it's way to about middle then disappears as i said before.

IMG_20170603_192843.jpg IMG_20170603_192844.jpg IMG_20170603_192846.jpg IMG_20170603_192847.jpg IMG_20170603_192849.jpg IMG_20170603_192850.jpg IMG_20170603_192852.jpg IMG_20170603_192853.jpg

a5ian300zx

have you tried powering it down disconnect it from the mains for around 5-10min an power back on and see if that helps.

If it's still present then you can try a factory reset.

of you have a picture if the issue?

Thanks

masterchefpaul

have you tried powering it down disconnect it from the mains for around 5-10min an power back on and see if that helps.

If it's still present then you can try a factory reset.

of you have a picture if the issue?

Thanks
Hi mate,have tried everything i can think of than the factory reset,i'm hoping to leave that as a last resort,also i have uploaded some pics in my last post above,all pics taken within the space of about 8-10 seconds.

Cheers,Paul.

a5ian300zx

from the pics that would annoy me to.

have you tried changing the hdmi output cable?

I am guessing you have one hdmi to the display and the audio hdmi output to the amplifier?

the the power cycle you have to disconnect it from the mains and let the power drain from the unit.

Thanks

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
I had an Iscan Duo feeding a couple of EEcolor 3D LUT boxes - I had a similar "tear" along the top (mine - when it happened - was always in the same place and would come and go by switching inputs). I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was the fault of the EEcolor boxes. I was never able to solve it, sorry. Maybe it is an interaction of the Iscan Duo output with certain HDMI inputs.

masterchefpaul

from the pics that would annoy me to.

have you tried changing the hdmi output cable?

I am guessing you have one hdmi to the display and the audio hdmi output to the amplifier?

the the power cycle you have to disconnect it from the mains and let the power drain from the unit.

Thanks
I had an Iscan Duo feeding a couple of EEcolor 3D LUT boxes - I had a similar "tear" along the top (mine - when it happened - was always in the same place and would come and go by switching inputs). I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was the fault of the EEcolor boxes. I was never able to solve it, sorry. Maybe it is an interaction of the Iscan Duo output with certain HDMI inputs.
Hi guys,yeah have tried changing outputs & cables & totally powering down etc, i'm not entirely sure if it's been doing it since i got it or not,as i only just bought it in december & usually just watch movies at night on my projector,but with light nights coming in last few weeks been watching more on tv so only just noticed it,no doubt it'll probably be something stupid,think i'll probably be best to try a factory reset if no more suggestions,oh yeah almost forgot doesn't do it while gaming on PS4/xbone or switch or even whilst watching a hd dvd either??.

Cheers,Paul.

a5ian300zx

Hi guys,yeah have tried changing outputs & cables & totally powering down etc, i'm not entirely sure if it's been doing it since i got it or not,as i only just bought it in december & usually just watch movies at night on my projector,but with light nights coming in last few weeks been watching more on tv so only just noticed it,no doubt it'll probably be something stupid,think i'll probably be best to try a factory reset if no more suggestions,oh yeah almost forgot doesn't do it while gaming on PS4/xbone or switch or even whilst watching a hd dvd either??.

Cheers,Paul.
so on which input does it do it on? Just one if so have you tried in outing that one on different hdmi input on the dvdo?

masterchefpaul

Check the frame rate perhaps; I had a feeling when I was looking at it that only 24p suffered.
Hi mate,ha ha now there's another issue but i thought i'd resolve this one first,the dvdo refuses to output 24p to my tv just get a blank screen,does it fine to projector & again if i take either blu ray or hd dvd player put the setting to output 24p & connect directly to the tv it works perfectly,i swear if i had the cash i'd bin the dvdo & buy a lumagen!!

Cheers,paul.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
I'd try enabling 1:1 frame rate and rate lock auto.

I had the Duo, Eecolor and now on my 3rd Lumagen (have a 2021 in the classifieds at the moment). I've seen quirks and limitations with all of them, but the Lumagens are much much better behaved and more polished than the others (much more configurable, too)

Anyway good luck with it.

masterchefpaul

I'd try enabling 1:1 frame rate and rate lock auto.

I had the Duo, Eecolor and now on my 3rd Lumagen (have a 2021 in the classifieds at the moment). I've seen quirks and limitations with all of them, but the Lumagens are much much better behaved and more polished than the others (much more configurable, too)

Anyway good luck with it.
Hi mate,yeah already have them set so going to do a factory reset on it later on today,when I get a chance,thanks for all the replies guys.

Cheers,paul.

a5ian300zx

I started with a dvdo edge, then lumagen xs3d and now dvdo duo.

lumagen was very configurable had new for firmware every few weeks it seemed like. but I prefered the simplicity of the dvdo duo.

lumagen are just ridiculously priced IMHO the latest pro version is around 4.5k+ but it's the only one that meets hdmi 2.0 hdcp standard, 4k60 and hdr.

support and firmware development is very good.

mine has had no issues and neither has my nephew dvdo duo.

dvdo firmware is non existent but the firmware is solid.

Thanks

masterchefpaul

Hi guys,just thought i'd let you's all know that i finally got around to factory resetting the dvdo & the line issue seems to have disappeared for the moment,but unfortunately it still refuses to output a 24p signal to my TV,but it works directly from other sources to tv?, it's strange & got me stumped but i have just set the blu ray to output at 60p so not too bad, if anyone has any ideas how to fix this issue then i'm all ears.

Cheers,Paul.

a5ian300zx

Hi Paul,

glad to hear it sorted the most annoying issue out.

The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall the latest firmware.

You can also email Ken from dvdo [email protected]

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom