1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD Rip for My Movies then compress to Xvid

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by lisag, May 16, 2005.

1. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I am trying out different methods of transferring my DVD's to hard disk for playback on MCE via My Movies at full quality, then compression to Xvid for long term online storage.

This is proving more challenging than I thought.....

I want to establish a method that is quick, reliable and produces good results, I also want to maintain the Ac3 6 channel sound track in the final Xvid file, and for the final file size to be approx 1.5gb.

I can use DVD Decrypter to rip the Vob files via file mode, then store all of these in a 'VIDEO_TS' folder for My Movies this is quite quick and painless. I now have the VOB files, but finding a piece of software to convert to Xvid files with the AC3 soundtrack intact is difficult, and I don't want to have to go back and re-rip the DVD as it is going to get a too long and complicated process.

Anyone mastered this technique yet?

lisa

2. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do a search for auto gordian knot.

Perfect PQ and 5.1 surround with xvid (xvid is a better codec than divx), file size of about 1.4gb a 2hr movie.

Hope this helps
    Stace

3. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Problem seems to be that AGK wants the DVD ripped in IFO mode and MCE wants them ripped in file mode. I am trying to come up with an efficient and streamlined way of doing this, don't really want to be ripping and re-ripping in different formats, if there is an easier solution....