Help with DMR-E65 connection please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by saturday, Feb 6, 2005.

1. saturday

saturday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My setup consists of Sky+, E65, Amp and PW6 Plasma.

I have Sky set to RGB and connected to the E65 via fully wired quality scart and E65 to the plasma via component. The DVD playback is fine (though I prefered the Yamaha S540 which the E65 has replaced) but the Sky picture is poor. Connecting Sky direct to the plasma via svideo gives a better picture.

E65 AV2 input is set as RGB.

Can someone help improve things?

Thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,278
    You might be better going via Scart to your plasma. You can try toggling Progressive Scan on/off and see if that improves things but using the E65 (or any DVD recorder) to 'upscale' to component produces mixed results depending upon your screen, your personnel preferences and the type of channels you watch. If this isn't an option (due to lack of scart sockets) you could always purchase a dedicated RGB Scart to Component or VGA converter.

3. saturday

saturday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No scart on my plasma and toggling Progressive scan on/off doesn't improve matters :(

I think you're probably right about the upscaling - I'd hoped for better results.

In the meantime, until I have the money for a scart to VGA converter, I'm making do with svideo direct from Sky to plasma. It just means I need to swap inputs with the plasma remote when switching between Sky and DVD. Not a big deal and the image is more than acceptable :thumbsup:

Thanks for your input