help with discs recorded with pioneer 420

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by HMFC1874, Mar 3, 2005.

1. HMFC1874

HMFC1874
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recorded the oscars the other night as a trial and edited out the adverts then burned to disc using ritek 4X discs. All seemed to go well until I tried to replay the disc :-(
    The image has been burned onto the disc but says Cant Play on the pioneer when I try and play it, and is not recognised at all by my dvd players and PC ???
    I have deleted the material now and wondered if there is anything I can do via the pioneer 420 to enable the disc to play??
    Read something about finalising the disc but not sure if I did this or not. Could anyone offer advice on how to solve this for me please ??
    I am not the brightest star in the sky so any advice would have to be very simple :)
    Thanks

2. MarkhamPete

MarkhamPete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To Finalize the dvd, go to HOME MENU, then DISC SETUP, and FINALIZE.

3. HMFC1874

HMFC1874
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks m8, I tried that but the disc set up section is not able to be accessed?? It is grey in colour?? Any ideas??

4. MarkhamPete

MarkhamPete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a little puzzled. I just re-read your post. It won't play on the pioneer either? If you didn't finalize it, that would explain other players not reading it, but the pioneer should still be able to.

While trying to access DISC SETUP, I assume your disk is in the machine and you have pushed DVD button (next to HDD). My disks are all finalized, so DISC SETUP is also greyed out.

Another quirky thing about pioneer disks are that they don't automatically load. You usually have to push "play/enter" to playback.

5. HMFC1874

HMFC1874
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the pioneer just says "Cant play" m8, will try pushing the play button and see what happens, thanks for your help :D

6. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    See if this helps:

Set up a copy list (one item) from HDD to DVD, put the problem DVD in and go through the HDD to DVD copy process up to the display that has the Start button (page 65).
    This should give a clue about the state of the disk.

7. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Either its a duff disc or the machine is starting to develop a fault.
    Try doing another HDD-DVD-R transfer