• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with disabled Virgin wall plug, for Freeview

Ketz

Standard Member
Hello,

I moved into a flat a while back which had a Virgin Media box on the wall of the living room. There's a coaxial cable coming out of it, so I assume the previous tenants had Virgin TV.

I have a freeview box which has inputs like these: http://www.electrosmart.co.uk/images/HQSS5015_1.5.jpeg and was wondering if there's any way to use that cable to actually get Freeview TV signal?

I don't know how to tell if any signal is going through it, but the flat does have an antenna and that's the only plug I see.

Based on this, would you be able to advise on what i'd have to do to get Freeview working?

Thank you!

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
No, you need an feed from an aerial.

mike7

Distinguished Member
There is nothing that is available from the Virgin Media cable system that will activate a Freeview box or TV without a subscription and their own installed boxes. Do not be tempted to buy Virgin boxes from Ebay or elsewhere. They have to be matched to cards and your locality in order to work. Otherwise they are useless.

Check out cheap introductory deals from Virgin Media providing the basic TV services.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom