• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help with Denon DM38DAB

shaigh86

Standard Member
Hi guys Im getting a Denon DM38DAB and i am going to buy a cheap ipod to stream my music from my pc to , could anyone tell me if this would work, also could any one tell me a cheap model of ipod that will suit this purpose and a program that would stream from pc to ipod , and if the denons 255 folder limitation apply to ipods,is a logitech squeezebox compatible? thanks guys

Last edited:

larkone

Distinguished Member
Yes will work. I use a 2g IPOD Touch 8GB and stream over wireless from Logitech Media Server on a Vortexbox based PC. On the touch I use the iPeng app but there are others. Works well because if you use the USB connection it uses the Denon Dac not the Ipod's dac - much better. The touch can be picked up cheaply s/h on well known auction sites.

I don't bother storing music on the iPod because of that but you should not have issues that afflict USB sticks with folder limitations etc. if you are streaming

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom