Help with Denon AVR-2600H Setup!

thundrwood

Novice Member
Hello all:

New member here.

I have this receiver. I’m planning on buying a LG OLED C1 and a PS5 soon. I’m running a cable box, receiver, 720p Plasma TV and PS4 now. This will obviously be an upgrade and perhaps switching around cables and settings.

I realize I won’t getting 4K through the new TV, but will be able to on the PS5. I am buying all new certified 2.1 48 gps high speed HDMI with Ethernet cables.

I know one of new the cables will go from HDMI eArc on the TV to the eArc on the receiver.

Right now, the HDMI from the cable box goes into the receiver. The HDMI from the PS4 goes into the receiver. The HDMI from the TV goes into the receiver. An optical digital goes from the TV to the receiver.

Will the HDMI eArc cable replace the optical digital?

I guess everything routes through the receiver?

What settings in the TV, receiver, and PS5 will I need to change? I would like specific settings from these specific components if possible please.

My biggest concern is I spend a lot of cash and can’t everything to work properly.

Thanks.

J

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum and a Happy New Year.

You can use the Denon for the cable box via HDMI. The PS5 if you wish to take advantage of 120 frames per second then connect that directly to your new TV via HDMI. The connection between the TV and Denon will be on the eARC circuit and that will negate the need for an optical connection between the two devices.

eARC can pass HD audio back to the Denon via it's HDMI connection from the PS5 and is a more stable connection that the old ARC standard.

So cable box>Denon>TV.
PS5>TV>Denon.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom