1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Denon and Rell setup

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by madp, Nov 6, 2004.

1. madp

madp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi all

I have a Denon 3805 with Monitor Audio Silver S6’s as front speaker and a Rell Storm MK1, I think.

I would like to use my sub although my speakers are full range. I have used the Denons auto setup where the front speakers were set to large, the centre and surrounds set to small. The base was then set to LFE+Main. Can someone advise me if I should set the storm crossover to it’s max 120Hz (4 coarse & 4 fine) then let the processor do the base management. Or do I set the sub to match my speakers. My second question is what should I set the amp crossover to, I have the options of 40,60,80 and 100Hz.

Have to say this subject is a little complicated.

Madp

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Madp,
    I would say when setting up your sub+speakers it is all a matter of taste and also alot of trial and error as there are other factors to consider aswell, like the room as it can have a dramatic effect on the bass frequencies with the positioning of the sub.
    If i was you i would let the amp/processor handle all the bass management so therefore set the Rolloff on the sub to as high as possible so that is not working and any other setting that will interact aswell to off.
    Then try setting the Xover on the amp to try and get the best sound or one that you prefer usually about 80hz but as your MA s6's go alot lower maybe try a lower setting and also you do not have to have them set to large if it sounds better when the speakers set to small.
    Again it is all about trial and error and getting a sound thats right for you ;)

Hope this helps alittle

John

3. madp

madp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ty for the help John