Help with DAB Tuner, CD Player and Speaker stand purchase

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by danielw, May 5, 2007.

1. danielw

danielw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I have just bought myself a Rotel RA 05 Amplifier and some B&W DM601 S3 speakers and now want to buy some stands for my speakers and a DAB tuner + cd player.

I regards to the speaker stands does it make a difference to sound dependant on make? I am looking at either atacama or soundstyle ones would ones you get for £70 be alright or should i be spending more?

With the DAB tuner I am half in mind to buy either the denon 1800 or go for a second hand rotel or arcam model is there a big difference in the quality of dab tuners?

With the CD player what is better a cambridge azur 540 or rotel 06 series cd player? I demoed the amp and speakers with the rotel cd player and liked the sound but i have been told the cambridge sounds a bit better however i can't demo this as richer sounds don't sell the amp and speakers?

Dan

2. crowncd

crowncd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can only comment on the DAB tuner aspect of your question. I've had the Denon tuner running for a couple of months now and think it's superb. I'm sure there are other excellent tuners out there. I do have both an external DAB and FM ariel - I'm sure this improves the reception quality.

3. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Im in the same boat as you and after much research I will be plumping for the Denon TU1800 from Richers. As soon as next months pay packet arrives she's mine :thumbsup: I think with the features it gives it can't really be beaten, plus the proven Denon build quality is all there.

4. danielw

danielw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys. yeah i was looking at the denon tuner and thinking that it had to be the best value and yeah the build quality of the denon is a lot better than the cambridge audio one and rotel is nearly twice the price!