1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with crt compatibility!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sinbrad, Sep 16, 2004.

1. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay guys,

I am in the market for some replacement crt's for my Barco data 801s. I have located a set which are stated as Sony 07msj (liquid cooled). It does state that these are equal to the Sony 07msp which is in the pj. Can anyone out there confirm that I can indeed replace my 07msp with these 07msj crt's.

Thanks

Sinbrad

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I've never seen or heard of an MSJ. the sony 12** and Barco 8** use the MSP
    One probelm you will have with getting tubes from a non barco projector is that the EHT leads won't have the right plug on them and they will be too short. You can change the plug if you are carfull. Extending the lead will require a lot of insulation.
    I have a set of Barco 801s 07MSP

3. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland,

If you have a minute take a look at this ebay item 5719790692. These are the tubes I was relating to. This is the statement that I received from the seller (German)......

hi,

this tubes is same with the 07msp. the 07msj ist the lc version and have c-elements for lc optics. you cannot use thies tubes with the optics from a 07msp

what condition are your 07msp and what price are we talking?

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    well I'll be blowed they are LC too. short answer is they won't work on your machine. unless you can find a suitable lens and a way of mounting them.

send me a mail regards the other thing

5. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland, sent you a pm the other week ref the other subject, no reply as yet?