Help with crossover settings

Wiktor77

Novice Member
So right now I have a Pioneer vsx-922-k av receiver and a 5 speaker system jamo hcs3. For the subwoofer I also have a jamo 210. When running the mcacc advanced full auto calibration the mcacc sets all my speakers to Large. Making my subwoofer turned off. I mostly listen to music and the front speakers are bi-amped. The question is which setting do I set it to. Here are the frequency ranges of the speakers:

(Front) Jamo S606 | 42 - 20,000 hz
(Center) S60 Cen | 75 - 20,000 hz
(Surround) S602 | 80 - 20,000 hz
(Subwoofer) Jamo 210 | 38 - 200 hz

Thanks for helping me out:)

Edit: Keep in mind that the front speakers have one 8 inch woofer on the side.

gibbsy

After calibration set all your speakers with a crossover of 80hz and manually set the speakers to small. That is the recommended settings for virtually all receivers.

You are passive bi-amping the fronts and all that you are basically doing is taking power from the same PSU therefore reducing the power available to the remaining speakers. Not worth the extra cable.

If using the front speakers only for music then use the 'Direct' option as this will treat the fronts as full range and not use the sub.

Wiktor77

Novice Member
After calibration set all your speakers with a crossover of 80hz and manually set the speakers to small. That is the recommended settings for virtually all receivers.

You are passive bi-amping the fronts and all that you are basically doing is taking power from the same PSU therefore reducing the power available to the remaining speakers. Not worth the extra cable.

If using the front speakers only for music then use the 'Direct' option as this will treat the fronts as full range and not use the sub.
Ok, thank you so much👍

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom