• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with creating a budget home cinema setup

Hi guys,

I have just moved into my new apartment with the GF, and my spare savings have just gone a Panasonic 42" LED HDTV and Glass stand. I am looking to create a budget set-up, so looking for recommendations on good cheap equipment I can bid for on ebay or keep an eye out for some things.

Looking for a good first home cinema system, love the forum!

+ I collect retro consoles so having a nice neat system to house and play on them all would be good!

paul1979

Distinguished Member
hi mate you need to advise on size really imo! ie can you fecilitate large speakers or only small satalite/ what do you want and what is the budget.....

initial thoughts for small are....

boston acustics (what hi fi 5* (5.1 new is 230 @ richer sounds))

cambridge audion minx (about the smame size and perhaps better but cost more and in relaytion to price missed the 5* award

Bookshelf look at warfdale dimonds (9.1), or may be q acoustics ((£330 now for 5.1) last year moddle which also wone what hi-fi 5* (i persoanly have these and love them as a 7.1)) also Tannoy do a good set around the 400 mark!

After this i think you are looking at the likes of kef, morantz short etc (i am a naff speller) but i mean speakers higher in price....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom