1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with "crackly" Celestion speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by P13TR0, Nov 2, 2004.

1. P13TR0

P13TR0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I just bought a Yam RX750 and a set of Celestion AVP305's. I have run the amp and speakers in for the past month, and in general the speakers have sounded sweeter and sweeter.

I have a problem when playing certain music (specifically The Red Hot Chili Peppers). The system has real problems with the lead singers vocals and certain notes make a crackling sound that is very noticable. Is there something that can be done to help?? I expected better from these speakers... although they are not HiFi stereo speakers, they are not cheap rubbish.

Any suggestions are welcome.... and please let me kno0w if I have missed out any important info.

Thanks

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    What levels do you have your individual speakers set to? When you do your speaker test tone, check the levels are not set too high, this can cause crackling on certain vocal frequencies.

3. P13TR0

P13TR0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey... thanks for the reply Kazman.... I used the Yam's YPAO to set up the speakers. I then manually checked the settings and they seemed to be pretty good. I just set the Amp to pure direct mode and had a listen to the tracs that were giving me problems through My Grado Sr80's.

These are the best thing I could use as a reference.... The crackling was there through the Grado's as well. Is this problem likely to be caused by the amp.... or are The Red Hot Chili Peppers CD's just very badly produced??

If anyone has this music maybe they could check out Scar Tissue on their set-up and let me know if they have the same problem.

Thanks.... :smashin:

4. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Can you try the CD in another system altogether? A friends CD player perhaps? Or a car CD player?