help with corrupted video from dvd-ram camcorder

liamt

Distinguished Member
Hi all

i have been given my boss' video camera and asked to burn the footage to dvd.

oddly (to me) the video structure is:

VR_MANGR.BUP
VR_MANGR.IFO
VR_MOVIE.VRO

when copying the files accross to my PC there was a problem with VR_MOVIE.VRO (biggest file, i take it to be similar to a .VOB) so i had to get software to rip that file as it was 1% corrupted (last minute or something is corrupt)

i cant seem to get this video to dvd whatever i do. i cannot get nero to burn the DVD files if i rename them to VIDEO_TS etc. i cannot get nero vision to author to dvd.

premiere fails to import VRO or VOB (and pretty much anything else but thats another story)

if i rename it .MPEG i can view it in windows media player (premiere gives me some 'media pending' screen and doesnt do anything). its a bit iffy at the end, but doesnt crash.

HELP!!! :lease:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member

liamt

Distinguished Member
thanks, whats a decent free file conversion programme?

rogs

I recently had a DVD RAM recorded on my Panasonic DVD recorder that showed errors when I tried to rip it.

I managed to rescue most of it using this freebie: IsoPuzzle 1.7 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

Took a while, but it did extract over 99% eventually!

(BTW - That's the first DVD RAM fail I've ever had - so now I can proudly say that I've had at least one failure with every type of burnable DVD! )

Don't think I'll chance disc failure all over again with Blu-ray.
Think I'll stick to HDDs, flash and hardware media players in the future. These discs have turned out to be very 'iffy', in my experience.

liamt

Distinguished Member
i run a via sdhc cards myself. they seem much more hard wearing. i never thought RAM disks would be that strong. especially when you see how clumsy my boss is :)

liamt

Distinguished Member
I recently had a DVD RAM recorded on my Panasonic DVD recorder that showed errors when I tried to rip it.

I managed to rescue most of it using this freebie: IsoPuzzle 1.7 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

Took a while, but it did extract over 99% eventually!

(BTW - That's the first DVD RAM fail I've ever had - so now I can proudly say that I've had at least one failure with every type of burnable DVD! )

Don't think I'll chance disc failure all over again with Blu-ray.
Think I'll stick to HDDs, flash and hardware media players in the future. These discs have turned out to be very 'iffy', in my experience.
isopuzzle only imports .iso i need to get a .VRO file.

rogs

I had no trouble importing DVDRAM contents using Isopuzzle.
OK, so the actual video file is .VRO and not .VOB,but I simply placed the DVD RAM into my PC disc player (RAM compatible of course!) opend Iso puzzle, and away it went, creating a. ISO file.

As I say in my previous post, it took a while to read some of the sectors with errors, but it read most of them in the end.

DVD Decrypter, in ISO read mode, would always lock up at the same point when trying to rip the same disc, so I was pleased that Isopuzzle did a lot better!

Trending threads

Top Bottom