Help with connections

shazbah

Hi all . I have a Samsung UE55JU7500 and the one connect box or cable has broken . I have purchased both new but it still doesn't work so i have no HDMI connections available .I am trying to connect an xbox 360 with av cables pics attached but no matter how i try to connect it i cant get it to show a picture on tv through source then AVI. I am putting the yellow into the yellow jack. what am I doing wrong ???? Please help

Attachments

• 20210622_193019.jpg
    20210622_193019.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210625_140557.jpg
    20210625_140557.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 25

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The Yellow socket is a 3-way connector for Composite Video and Left/Right Audio. That's why it won’t work. Likewise, the socket above it is for Component Video/Audio.
Your TV originally came with a short 5” cable with Yellow/Red/White connectors at one end and a plug to fit that socket at the other end.
These were usually put aside in a drawer and forgotten about by owners when the TV was being unboxed.
This is what you need.
Amazon product

Last edited:

shazbah

Jaycee thank you so much. Yes your right I did get one with the tv but was put away in a drawer then must have been thrown away as never thought I would be without hdmi connections on my tv. I thought the cables be it yellow end or black were all the same🇰☹️

John7

You'd get much better picture quality if you use the compnent conncetion from your XBox to the TV (if the XBox offers Component output, of course and you have or get the appropriate lead)..........

shazbah

John7 what lead would I need for that? I only have the xbox main conection or hdmi. I have always used hdmi until my tv decided it needs a new main board to get the one connect box to work again

shazbah

I have a couple of these but I need cable to connect them to the TV as I only. Have one 3.5 jack to connect the 3.Avi cables to my tv

shazbah

JayCee that won't fit into the back of my tv. If you look at the photo I put on you can see the connections available to me

JayCee

Distinguished Member
JayCee that won't fit into the back of my tv. If you look at the photo I put on you can see the connections available to me
I think the upper plug carrying the component video goes into the upper socket and the lower plug carrying the common stereo L/R goes into the yellow AV socket below.

John7

Looks like the spacing/size of thise jacks is not compatibel with the TV

After a bit of searching, I found this for the component connection

Amazon product
You would need a similar one (but only 2-way) for the audio connection

Amazon product
If you have Optical audio out on your X Box and an optical input on your TV, that would be preferable to the jack/RCA connection (IMHO)

shazbah

Thanks John7 . The cable looks good but i only hsve the original xbox fitting or a HDMI so i have to go through a HDMI to RCA converter

John7

No - get one of the leads shown in my post #6 above. This connects the XBox to the component/audio leads

shazbah

I have been told by samsung today that the lead I need is this BN39 01154H. It looks like the leads I have. I just don't understand😔

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I think the upper plug carrying the component video goes into the upper socket and the lower plug carrying the common stereo L/R goes into the yellow AV socket
I have been told by samsung today that the lead I need is this BN39 01154H. It looks like the leads I have. I just don't understand😔
That Samsung BN39 01154H is the one that was originally supplied with your TV which you've said you threw away.
The one I linked to in post #2 is just a cheaper version.

shazbah

I think the upper plug carrying the component video goes into the upper socket and the lower plug carrying the common stereo L/R goes into the yellow AV socket

That Samsung BN39 01154H is the one that was originally supplied with your TV which you've said you threw away.
The one I linked to in post #2 is just a cheaper version.

shazbah

Jaycee just wanted to say thanks as the lead you suggested (maxhood 305 jack to RCA) worked. I had to connect the yellow to red, white to yellow and red to white to get i working but hey its doing the job so many thanks for your help

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom