Question Help with connecting my system projector, screen, ps4, av, speakers

joseph646

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi all
was wondering if i could get some advice for the best way to connect my home theatre

i am converting my garage so hope to have all the wires hidden behind the walls

i will have an electric projector screen, ceiling mounted projector (2hdmis connections), av receiver, 5.1 speaker package, and ps4. I also have sky hd in main living room.

I want to be able to use the projector for ps4 and sky.

What would be the best way to connect it all up?

How far from Av receiver to projector ?

How far from garage to Main Living room ?

'i am converting my garage so hope to have all the wires hidden behind the walls' - ideally you will want to form some form of cable way/conduit to give you a simple 'upgrade/replace' pathway.

'electric projector screen' - does it need to be a retractable screen, you don't say if this is a dedicated or multi-purpose room!

Joe

it is going to be a dedicated home theatre room (dimensions of room are 7.5 feet by 16 feet) - so not the biggest of rooms.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a retractable screen as it will go against back wall.

In a dedicated room you want a fixed screen - better image, less potential for hassle and potentially less cost!

A false wall with an AT screen and your Front LCR speakers positioned behind the screen is one option to consider.

Joe

Hi, I'm trawling through previous posts for ideas for my dedicated TV/cinema room.

I had planned on having a large TV + a projector/screen in the room to cover all bases, but have seen this comment about having a fixed screen. Is it that much of a compromise to have a retractable screen..?

cheers

simon

'Is it that much of a compromise to have a retractable screen..?' - there are two areas to consider.

The Screen - how flat (uniform tension) it has on day one and how long it stays like that.

Front LCR Loudspeakers - how compromised is your placement to allow you to place them outside of the Projection screen surface.

If you are going for a 'dedicated' Cinema than many folk will suggest you consider a fixed AT, 2:35.1 screen plus a Projector which can 'zoom' to allow you to do 16:9 when required.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom