1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with connecting lcd tv to dvd player

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by spiderdany, Mar 31, 2005.

1. spiderdany

spiderdany

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there

Can anyone help me with the following as Im pretty confused about the whoel thing really:

I have a philips 26pf8946 lcd tv - with an awful manual incidentally - it has dvi in port, 2 scart ports (ext 1 and ext 2) and a vga in and an s video port.

I have a Pioneer dv-575A dvd player which I want to connect to the lcd tv - this has a progressive scan feature which Id like to take advantage of - it has component video out ports, scart port and s video port.

Whats the best connection to use?

Would I best off with a standard scart to scart connection? or would I be able to use a lead connecting scart on the tv to the component video ports on the dvd player (with two different ends) ?

Any help is much appreciated - thanks : )

Spiderdany

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Scart is probably going to be your best bet with the setup you've got although you'll not get progressive scan that way.

You can get converters that would take the component out on the DVD player and convert it to VGA for connection to the screen althouth I'm not sure how that would affect a progressive signal from the DVD player.

HTH

John

3. spiderdany

spiderdany

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response

well i did try scart initially, and it was a pretty bad picture when I tested a dvd. I guess that could have been down to the poor quality of the scart cable I used. It looked impressive when I saw it running in Richer Sounds though, hence the purchase, good price too.

Do you think a better quality scart cable will result in a better picture?

thanks

spiderdany