Help with connecting home cinema with xbox

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Leg1t, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Leg1t

Leg1t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I have a Sony DAV-DZ100 DVD Home Theatre System and my television is a Panasonic TH-42PZ85BA. I'm trying to connect my dvd home cinema so i can play through my surround sound while playing on the xbox.
    I have my xbox connected to my television via HDMI and when I try the home cinema on the Television function the sound still plays the actual tv channel i was previously on even tho im displaying the xbox on the hdmi channel.
    I previously red that I need a digital audio cable but my home cinema only has the connecter for COAXIAL.
    On the internet I have seen adapter converters from coaxial input to digital audio input, will this work with the DAV-DZ100?
    Anyone got any ideas on how I should connect it.

Thanks, much appreciated!
    Nick

2. StevieBuck

StevieBuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    I checked out the manual for this system online, to see what connections are available. Unfortunately, the coaxial which you speak of is a connection for an FM radio aerial input - not a digital coaxial for sending surround sound.

The only way of getting sound from external equipment is by using the scart connection which you are already using. I have no idea why it isn't sending the audio out from the HDMI channel though.

3. Leg1t

Leg1t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, thanks for looking.

Yes I have got it connected via Scart.
    My brother had the sony home cinema set up before he gave it to me and the surround sound worked fine with his xbox and television when he just had the home cinema connected by scart and xbox through component. So I also tried connecting my xbox via component but the surround sound doesnt work on component either.

Any1 else got any ideas on how I can fix this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  4. Niko_e

Niko_e
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heyy i am new to this forum and i am having the same problem i have an lg ht353sd home cinema kit hooked up to my lg hd tv 'but cant seem to get my xbox to work through the surround sound...any help would be greatful...:thumbsup:

5. Leg1t

Leg1t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any1 got any solutions?

6. StevieBuck

StevieBuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    Are you getting audio OK through the TV speakers with component i.e is it connected properly?