Help with Conections - DVD/TV/Sky+

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by S-Reynolds, Nov 6, 2005.

1. S-Reynolds

S-Reynolds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a newbie to the whole world of Home Cinema system etc.

I have just purchased a Samsung LE32R41B LCD TV / Denon DHT-500 Home Cinema System and upgraded my Sky to Sky+ (Thomson Receiver)

At present, the main components (TV/DVD/Sky) are all connected via SCART cables (standard SCART cables I think)

Is there a better method of connecting these devices together to improve picture quality / sound output (i.e. RGB / S-Video / Optical etc.)

Also, is it possible to play the TV and/or Sky through the DVD so that I can utilise the surround sound?

Any constructive replies would be helpful

Thanks in Advance

2. mjbtin

mjbtin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    I would connect the denon to the samsung with a set of component leads and the sky to the samsung using rgb scart.The sky to the denon with an optical cable which would allow you to get dolby digital if you subscribe to sky movies.Hope this helps

3. S-Reynolds

S-Reynolds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you recommend a RGB Scart cable for the Sky+ and does this make a great deal of difference compared to the standard SCART provided by Sky

4. mjbtin

mjbtin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Yes a quality scart lead should make a difference, I have used Ixos,Prowire,Tech-Link,Acoustic Research, all of which have improved pq compared to the cheap black scart leads.Another quality scart lead is the Philex Thor which was available from B&Q and Maplins for 18.00 pounds.