1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with colour problems on Philips 28PW6332

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pwoody, May 11, 2002.

1. pwoody

pwoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My tv is just over 2 years and has suddenly developed a problem at the bottom left hand side of the screen, whereby Blues appear green and skin tones are Purple tinged. This extends along the bottom of the screen I have have tried unplugging everyhing in turn and checked the effect with DVD in RGB and Sky Digital all have the same effect. Does anyone have a clue what the problem may be before I take it to Hospital!!

2. pwoody

pwoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I turned the TV off completely instead of the usual standby last night & now after turning it on this morning picture is fine. Is it anything to do with Degausing which I know nothing about?

3. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    More than likely. I got occasional colour purity/staining problems on my Philips too. Whenever it appeared I just turned the TV off (fully off, not standby) for a while and the problem always cleared itself.

I always turn my TV off at night now, rather than leaving it on standby, to give it a good degaussing. The problem's not appeared since.

4. pwoody

pwoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks thats put my mind at rest!!