Help with Cinema Room and equipment

Senor Pepper

Standard Member
Hi all,
Ive just moved house and im setting a new cinema/gaming room up.
I have got £3800 for now to spend on some av equipment and just wanted some ideas on what I could get for my cash.

I already have a 360 Elite.
Im also in the process of ordering a motorised sat dish system with hd box.

My room is 25' wide by 15' deep to the chimney breast. At the moment I could fit an 80" screen on the chimney breast but ill prob have to make it wider so I can goto maybe 100-110.
I also have to consider that the walls are all white and there is 4 windows with blinds. Although there is quite a bit of light getting in during the day im only really gonna be using it at night anyway.

Ok so my ideas are :

Sony VW60 (only if bought from pricejapan as its miles cheaper)
Onkyo 705
Blue Ray or HDDVD player
Not sure what sub and speakers but I thought as im limited to cash for now I could get a decent sub and some ok speakers then upgrade the speakers later and use the others in another room.

The room will mainly be used for cinema/gaming but would also like to watch footy and stuff if the quality of the pic is ok. The footy ill be watching will prob be in sd but ill prob have to resort to sky hd at a later date, or get a good processor.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Ive got a month to sort it before 3 big setees arrive.

Thanks
Jason

Beaker

I'd be interested on how you get on with PriceJapan. Prices are good but it will be what Customs sting you for which will interesting.

Beaker

inzaman

Moved from DIY.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom