• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with choosing subwoofer

makaveli187

Currently searching for a sub. I don’t have one at the moment so hard to compare to a new one. I’m looking at Rel Ht1003, SVS1000, or klipsch 100sw. System mainly used for movies little to no music will be played. Any help suggestions or advice be great.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Currently searching for a sub. I don’t have one at the moment so hard to compare to a new one. I’m looking at Rel Ht1003, SVS1000, or klipsch 100sw. System mainly used for movies little to no music will be played. Any help suggestions or advice be great.

From those options for mainly movie use in 15sqm room SVS PB1000! When you place it optimally, setup it correctly you will be blown away especially if it´s your first "real" subwoofer! You will hear and feel new things. It`s not the prittiest thing, but it outperforms/matches many 12" woofers!

If the cabinet is too large or ugly then consider BK XXLS400 through ebay. Shipping 17£ to Ireland. These are new grade-b items in mint shape with full warranty, made in UK Essex! SVS will give you more impact if you are fan of action/scifi movies, i have heard it few times and it won´t disappoint you! The BK is forum favourite probably over 10year time so you can´t go wrong with it either.

REL HT1003 is no doubt fine smaller sub, but it can´t compete with these two. The Klipsch cheap line sub i would forget!

makaveli187

From those options for mainly movie use in 15sqm room SVS PB1000! When you place it optimally, setup it correctly you will be blown away especially if it´s your first "real" subwoofer! You will hear and feel new things. It`s not the prittiest thing, but it outperforms/matches many 12" woofers!

If the cabinet is too large or ugly then consider BK XXLS400 through ebay. Shipping 17£ to Ireland. These are new grade-b items in mint shape with full warranty, made in UK Essex! SVS will give you more impact if you are fan of action/scifi movies, i have heard it few times and it won´t disappoint you! The BK is forum favourite probably over 10year time so you can´t go wrong with it either.

REL HT1003 is no doubt fine smaller sub, but it can´t compete with these two. The Klipsch cheap line sub i would forget!
Thanks for your input. If I was to go the BK route what’s the difference between downward fire and F/firing. Does it effect sound/performance each with there own pros and cons. My floor is concrete with underlay and carpet if this makes a difference.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your input. If I was to go the BK route what’s the difference between downward fire and F/firing. Does it effect sound/performance each with there own pros and cons. My floor is concrete with underlay and carpet if this makes a difference.

Identical performance. Pick the one you like more and compare the dimensions as they differ.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom