1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with choosing speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MrBurns, Jul 14, 2004.

1. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I have a philips recordable dvd player and I really want some nice speakers to go with it, so that i can have 5.1 surround sound. I Would need the whole speaker package, including a subwoofer.

I am going to use the philips recordable dvd player with a Hitachi- 32PD5300 Plasma tv. Would there be any complications in hooking up surround sound to this tv? Would I need to buy an amplifier as well? And what is the point of having an amplifier if you want surround sound?

My budget is about 300 quid, but i just want a good value and good quality surround sound speaker package to watch dvds on, and watch sky + on.

Kind regards. :thumbsup:

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
  3. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. The speakers on the "Home cinema link" looked quite good. The Sony HT-DDW760S AV System caught my eye. At 250 quid it seems a good deal. Is there an amplifier included and if not do I really need one? Would this work with a philips dvd recorder?

Is there any specific 5.1 Speaker packages you could recommend if this sony one isn't very good.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    yes the amp is there all u need is a dvd player with any of those systems and your there! out of all the only one ive actually heard is the Sony HT-SL60 AV System as a friends dad has it. i watched 30-40 mins of spiderman and i found it a very good setup for the price. also out of them all its the most aesthetically pleaseing IMO. on HCH its £299 and they give you all speaker cables, sub cable and digital connector. check your DVD recorder to see if it has optical output (im sure it must) for the best connectivity! also this Amp Combi does DTS decoding as well so your pretty much sorted. im sure some users of this system will come along and give you a more detailed review! have a check round the net for better prices as well
    Good luck

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  6. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks a lot. I'm going to buy these speakers tonight!

Kind regards. :)

7. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would these speakers work with an x box? Then i could play my games in surround sound. I might buy it twice because its so cheap.

Regards :clap:

8. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    yes they will work with xbox if the xbox has an optical out on it! i have a ps2 with optical out and plug it into my amp and GTA never sounded so good in DTS :)