Help with choosing sound setup for a bedroom

MainStandMan

Novice Member
Hi,

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I've come to ask what sound setup I should be looking at based on my situation. I bought an LG CX at the end of last year, and I love it. However, I've come to learn quickly (maybe not as quickly as others would have) that the integrated speakers on such a thin TV aren't really what I'm looking for. Can genuinely say I had less sound distortion on my Sony Bravia XE80 that I owned previously, but it was a bulkier unit by comparison.

I've got a crudely put together illustration of what I'm working with here, which is basically a bedroom setup with not much room to spare.

ROOM LAYOUT.png

The TV is on a glass stand with a mount. I could feasibly put a soundbar on that. I also have a small amount of room on each side of the TV for speakers, whether they're floor speakers or propped up on stands.

I basically sit in the chair with my feet on the bed, 2-3 metres from the screen.

Am I better off with a soundbar or trying to fit a speaker at each side of the TV stand? I'm able to throw somewhere around £300 at it. I want to watch my apps through an Apple TV and have a sound experience that does the TV more justice than I'm currently doing.

Sorry for the rubbish illustration and/or irrelevant parts of the post. Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me a bit of advice.

kbfern

Distinguished Member

You could try one or even two of these as they are on offer at the moment at £140 so a good saving. I bought 2 a few weeks back one for the bedroom and one for my study. They go pretty loud and have a great tone and excellent value for money. As they are a smart speaker you can listen to the radio/podcasts/music in addition to tv etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom