Help with choosing 26"-32" lcd for smallish room

T

Trogster

Hi
I need help selecting my first lcd for 2nd room viewing , it has SD sky box and will have an appropriate dvd player , the room is a single garage conversion to give idea of size.
Main viewing will be sport/kids/movies
can anyone help me
Thanks in adavance

Give us an idea of your budget and might be able to help you out. Also what is your viewing distance in that room - will the TV be along the long wall or the short one? This will give an idea of whether you really need a 32" or 26"

I'd go for a 26" for a small room, small is sometimes better. 26" screens tend to have a better image and you won't notice the Sky broadcast flaws with a smaller screen so much. I found sitting 8-9 ft away from a 32" LCD was a poor viewing experience.

Viewing distance is approx 10ft give or take a foot (sofa hasn't arrived yet!) budget just "within reason" -any of the standard makes sony tosh panny etc I just want a good alround set

Thanks in advance

Have been shopping around for 26" for a while now and narrowed it down to 3 - Samsung R74, Sony 26S and Panny 500. I couldn;t find the panny at less than £800 but it has the best picture of the 3, the Samsung has a nice design (although the more I saw it the more I thought the black plastic was a bit too plastic - if you know what I mean!) but then again I found it as cheap as £590. In the end I plumped for the Sony - has better picture than the Samsung although looks wise it's a bit :boring: imo. Best price I have found is £630 which is about right for me.

Happy shopping!

Toonaroond said:
Have been shopping around for 26" for a while now and narrowed it down to 3 - Samsung R74, Sony 26S and Panny 500. I couldn;t find the panny at less than £800 but it has the best picture of the 3, the Samsung has a nice design (although the more I saw it the more I thought the black plastic was a bit too plastic - if you know what I mean!) but then again I found it as cheap as £590. In the end I plumped for the Sony - has better picture than the Samsung although looks wise it's a bit :boring: imo. Best price I have found is £630 which is about right for me.

Happy shopping!

How would you rate the picture on the Sony? What is your viewing distance?

Toonaroond said:

Happy shopping!

i also picked the sony 26S its on order but i got mine for £623 with free delivery :devil:

spice2019 said:
How would you rate the picture on the Sony? What is your viewing distance?

Hasn't been delivered yet - will let you know when I get it:smashin:

Soil - yup - £623 is what I found it for via Price runner with a few dealers - which one did you go for?

RGBdirect. free delivery as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom