1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with choice of home cinema equipment

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JukeReds, May 10, 2005.

1. JukeReds

JukeReds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

This is my first post on this site. I have to say it is trully excellent with top advice.

I am in the process of upgrading my home cinema set up. It is such a minefield trying to decide what to buy. I am thinking around buying a Pioneer 505XDE with a denon avr2105 amp. Haven't made my mind up on Mission or Kef2005 speakers. Advice required on CD players. One shop told me I only have to spend £200 another said that I should only look at £500 up.

I may have picked the wrong equipment so I appreciate any advice you can give me

:lease:

2. JukeReds

JukeReds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I said CD I meant DVD. Dohhhh!!

3. WelshJules

WelshJules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm looking at the Pio 435XDE and demo'd the Pioneer 668AV this morning which gave very satisfying pictures in progressive component, then pictures in a different league using a middle of the road monster HDMI cable.

I'm personally looking at the Pioneer 868AVi as my source, which is another step up, again (both picture and price wise).

If you're thinking about spending that kind of money on your screen, you owe it to the screen to partner it with something decent - Denon 2910 c £500 on web or Pio 668, for similar money. Add another £100 for the 868 tho'.

I'd just do a bit of digging around on here, and see what other guys have partnered their top end screens with.

Oh, and happy viewing.

Cheers,
    J. :)

4. JukeReds

JukeReds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your help Jules. I will look at the pio amp you mentioned.

Thanks again and let me know what you end up buying.

Juke

5. WelshJules

WelshJules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Juke,

Wilco. Have fun.

J.