• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Help with changing wireless speakers from LG BH7530 HTS to LG BH7240 HTS

allystew

Standard Member
Hi

I have owned a LG BH 7530 HTS system for about 3 years and the Bluray along with the Wifi stopped working. So I recently purchased a 2nd hand LG BH 7240 HTS from eBay with the thinking that I could keep all my speakers etc and essentially just swap out the main unit to get a complete working setup again.

So the new (to me) 7240 came and I connected everything the same as my old system but I cannot get the rear wireless speakers to work. They definitely still work with my old system and they pair fine with my old system so they are not faulty. I tried the manual pairing method of turn volume to 0, holding stop on the main unit and mute on the remote to pair as instructed by LG on their website and manual but it changes the display to 576p instead? Its funny as this method works on my 7530 to pair.

I did more searching before finding a different method of turning volume to 0, and just holding mute on the remote without pressing anything on the main unit and that does seem to put the main unit into pair mode. So I reset the back of the wireless receiver using the pin hole and it does seem to pair correctly and the light goes a solid green but when I go to the sound test no sound comes from the rear speakers.

I tried to do a software update on the 7240 but it just says to call support.

Does anyone have any experience with LG wireless Home Theater Centers that can give me any suggestions?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom