• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Help with casting

jmms

Novice Member
good evening everyone

I have a connection pb between my laptop and my panasonic tv and I am looking for any help that would allow me to cast videos streaming on this TV:

I have a connected TV (panasonic) that for some time no longer supports YouTube ... (I had a message that at December 4, 2018 youtube would not be supported anymore, and ... on 4. ..so nothing!)
I have a pc under windows 10, I thought I could always project youtube on my tv by casting from youtube with chrome on the pc
A few days ago I tried to cast from youtube but ... qd I tried to cast youtube, the TV was well spotted, but ... I immediately on my tv a message confirming me that " not compatible youtube "...

I turned to dailymotion imagining that, at least it would work ...
but, when I wanted to cast from chrome, major difference from youtube, my pc told me that he could find no device on which I could cast ...

I made some attempts in all directions and I reset my TV to the factory, but it has not improved and even there is a change in the wrong direction:
in fact now, that I want to caster youtube, dailymotion or the desktop of my pc, every time the search for device on which to project is unsuccessful and my TV is never spotted ...

I said that a few months ago I tried to cast youtube and it worked, but I did not use this process since my TV could broadcast youtube directly ...

Another clarification: I did a "broadcast" test of a video stored on my pc, so not via chromecast, but by dlna, and there, my TV is recognized and I can project the video on TV

on the other hand, even if it works, it's not what interests me, what I'm looking for is to send on my TV videos that I play streaming (youtube or dailymotion or equivalent) on my pc with Chromecast (built-in chromecast on the TV and no additional chormecast device)

thank you all for any idea that would allow me to find a solution
good night

Mod Edit - translation moved to original post

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
In English, please.
Here is the translation.

good evening everyone

I have a connection pb between my laptop and my panasonic tv and I am looking for any help that would allow me to cast videos streaming on this TV:

I have a connected TV (panasonic) that for some time no longer supports YouTube ... (I had a message that at December 4, 2018 youtube would not be supported anymore, and ... on 4. ..so nothing!)
I have a pc under windows 10, I thought I could always project youtube on my tv by casting from youtube with chrome on the pc
A few days ago I tried to cast from youtube but ... qd I tried to cast youtube, the TV was well spotted, but ... I immediately on my tv a message confirming me that " not compatible youtube "...

I turned to dailymotion imagining that, at least it would work ...
but, when I wanted to cast from chrome, major difference from youtube, my pc told me that he could find no device on which I could cast ...

I made some attempts in all directions and I reset my TV to the factory, but it has not improved and even there is a change in the wrong direction:
in fact now, that I want to caster youtube, dailymotion or the desktop of my pc, every time the search for device on which to project is unsuccessful and my TV is never spotted ...

I said that a few months ago I tried to cast youtube and it worked, but I did not use this process since my TV could broadcast youtube directly ...

Another clarification: I did a "broadcast" test of a video stored on my pc, so not via chromecast, but by dlna, and there, my TV is recognized and I can project the video on TV

on the other hand, even if it works, it's not what interests me, what I'm looking for is to send on my TV videos that I play streaming (youtube or dailymotion or equivalent) on my pc with Chromecast (built-in chromecast on the TV and no additional chormecast device)

thank you all for any idea that would allow me to find a solution
good night

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom