Help with Canon eos 350d connection

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by Three6ty, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Three6ty

Three6ty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi,
    I am trying to connect my Canon 350d to my new macbook. When I connect it the spinning wheel comes up and then nothing. I have installed all the software for mac from the canon website. I get the same when I run the canon software, click on the camera and nothing. It's like the computer know's it's there but can't quite connect if that makes sense.
    On a side note I have connected the wifes casio camera with no probs.
    With the wife's camera I just plugged it in without installing any software. With my 350d I put the software on first then plugged the camera in. Should I have just connected the camera first?
    Maybe I should get rid of all the canon software and start over. What's the best way to do this. Do you just drag the application to trash? I presume osx does not have a rollback facility like win xp?
    Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Rich

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,054
    With my iMac I didn't install any canon software. Just connected it up and iPhoto started up and imported the photos for me.

Basically when you connect up a camera you're just in USB mass storage mode, so the camera will show up as a removable drive. So you sohuldn't need drivers, therefore whatever software you're using from the maker will be just for importing/editing etc. And usually there are better alternatives out there (IMO at least)

3. Three6ty

Three6ty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Sorted now.
    Got rid of the canon s/ware and now the mac sees the camera as a mass storage device like the wifes camera.
    Cheers