Help with Camera Choice please (Novice)

fififromgideon

Standard Member
Hi, sorry to do another which camera thread but I'm not sure how to ask and new to the forum, you people were a great help when I was getting my TV, now my camera broke.

My budget is in the £150 - £200 range.

Prevously I had an Old 3 x zoom compact digital and I would like a bigger zoom.

I have seen on the net Sony Cyber-Shot DSC0W150 which has 8m megapixels and 5 x Optical Zoom.

Would I notice a big improvement jumping from 3 x zoom to 5 x zoom or do I need to look to one one the 10 x zoom.

I am also interested in Sony DSC-H3 which has 10 x zoom but it's heavier and less compact.

I looked at the Sonys because they say they are compatible with my Sony Bravia HDTV is this good or just a gimmick that doesn't make much difference?

I've also seen a Panasonic Lumix TZ4 with 10 x zoom.

I'm used to using SD cards, there is a slot on my DVD player and PS3 and Wii for them but I see the Sonys use something called pro duo, I don't know much about them, will they work (read) in an SD slot? I also have a Jessups multi card reader thingy, would they work in that?

I'm not as bothered about price of pro duo card as it's compatability with my various card readers.

I want the camera for general photos mostly of scenery and wildlife whilst I'm out cycling and walking.

Thank you for your patience with the newbee.

Fifi

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom