1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with camcorder please

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by kats18, Apr 16, 2003.

1. kats18

kats18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anyone help. I would like to know how to get the film that is on the camcorder, on to a video cassette. Borrowed friends samsung digital camcorder for daughters homework but we dont know how to get it on video cassette. Seen it on tv but cant rtecord it. Sorry to sound useless but never worked one before. Tried downloading on PC but it says Windows XP is not compatable, so dont want to crash Pc.

2. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    Kats18 - I'm no expert, but on my Sony camcorder there is a video and sound out socket that looks very similar to a headphone socket. You need a cable that goes from this to 3 phono plugs (1 x red, 1 x white and 1 x yellow). You then need a scart convertor that the phonos plug into to then plug this into the scart in the VCR. I got all of this free with the camcorder so perhaps the person you borrowed it from has the cables already??

You then select the line-in or AV-in on your VCR and then record this way.

HTH

oops, just re-read your post again and you say that you can already see a picture on the TV, therefore you must have a cable. Do you connect this cable into TV via a scart socket or via red, yellow and white phono sockets. If it is via scart you need to just need to plug this cable into a scart cable in the back of the VCR. If you are using the phonos you need a convertor to plug them into the scart

3. kats18

kats18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mnay thanks to everyone for their help. I have now transfered my film to a cassette.