1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with cable needed to transfer from analogue Viewcam to digital Canon mvx200i

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dyngoo, Aug 19, 2005.

1. dyngoo

dyngoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As per subject, I'm trying to find a cable that will link my old analogue Sharp Viewcam to a Canon MVX 200i digital cam.

The Sharp cam's mono audio / video out is via a cable with 3.5mm jack (goes into Viewcam) with 2 x RCA male jacks which would usually have connected into TV or VCR.

The Canon input is via a 3.5 mm jack.

Would an audio 3.5mm jack to 3.5 mm jack do the job or do I need to find a video cable with female RCA jacks and a 3.5mm jack to plug into the Sharp's cable & complete the connection.

Cant seem to find any cables from searching around. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    AFAIK the jack plugs on these camcorder leads are not the same as those on a set of headphones etc. Therefore I think your best bet is to get a couple of These to join the 2 sets of leads together.

Mark.

3. Greenbag

Greenbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Was the Sharp ViewCam Video 8 format? I copied my old VHS videos onto DVD using a bog standard VHS video deck connected up to a Sony DVD recorder and the results are perfect. The connections on your Sharp are Composite I take it? Unless you have composite Video input or Analogue Video input on your Canon or S-Video input then you'll have to resort to some kind of cabling setup as suggested by the other contributer.

4. dyngoo

dyngoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies.

Eventually tried a standard phono 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack (£2 from B&Q of all places!) and it works perfectly.

David