Help with buying home cinema system.

donkeydeakin

Standard Member
right to put it bluntly i'm looking for a new home cinema system.
I currently have a lg 32" lcd tv and have a price range of around £150, give or take a few squid.

would it be worth getting an lg system for the use of 'simplink' or not, if you could link me to a few that you would recommend it would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks.

jumborat

Simplink is just LG's name for HDMI control. It will link up with other manufacturers systems such as Anynet from Samsung, etc.

killiefan

What do you have apart from the tv? PS3; Xbox; DVD player; Blu-ray; HTPC; Sky+; Sky+ HD....?

That info will help someone to advise you.

donkeydeakin

Standard Member
the only thing i will have connected is an xbox via optical but use it rarely.
most of the time it will be used for music via 3.5 to rca or 'aux'

killiefan

LG HB405SU - £199 at Richer Sounds. Decodes the latest HD surround formats and has optical in for your xBox - surround sound gaming! You get the added bonus of a Blu-ray player to give your TV a proper high def source. All you need extra is an HDMI cable - buy cheap!

If you can stretch another £20 take the extended warranty. If the unit doesn't break down by the end of the term you get your money back. It's a no brainer. I've used it before and never had a problem cashing back in.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find "separates" home cinema receiver and 5.1 speaker package for £150. You'll get an all-in-one dvd system for that money, but you've alreay got a dvd player.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom