1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with bo-xlink

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by malariaboy, Dec 31, 2003.

1. malariaboy

malariaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    hi there has anyone used bo-xlink yet , ive dloaded the messenger file and the bo-xlink file and need help on what to do next. i have the messenger side working but what do i do with the bo-xlink file, does that go on the x-box?. any help would be really welcome as im a bit new to modded x-box so need to know how to get bo-xlink on to x-box

many thx to whoever helps out

2. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,926
    I'm pretty new to this myself and only set it up to have a quick blast on PGR2 with some mates.

Download and install the following file.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.some...cs/xlinkrc2.exe

Then replace the xlink.exe (C:\Program Files\XLink RC2) with this updated one.

http://www.lakeswireless.co.uk/xlink.exe

Create an account when you first sign in. Change the "Mode" to "Rooms Mode" From there double click Driving First Person Shooter, etc., double click the game you want to play. It shows the number of current/max players.

Once you are in a game room launch the game on the xbox and go in to multi-link area and search for a game. It will find the one you selected with xlink.

As I'm sure you're aware, stay well away from any xbox live options on your modded box. Always look for the multi-link option.

3. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bo-xlink does go onto your xbox, treat it as you would a game copied to the HD

create a folder in your games or apps directory
    ftp the files across
    create a link in your dashboard (some do it automatically)

bo-xlink is really handy when the xbox is in a different room to your pc.

4. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,926
    Ah cool, I didn't realise there was another part to this that went on the Xbox. Although I don't suppose it would be of much use to me as I sit next to the computer when on the Xbox anyway. As Jason said, it would be handy if the PC is in another room though.

But anyway, you don't NEED the Bo-Xlink part to play, it works fine as I described above just using a PC.

Here is a beginners guide from Xbox Scene

5. malariaboy

malariaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    ive got bo-xlink running but having probs setting game paths in messenger, im sure ive don it right but when i launch game it goes back to dash , has anyone got their games to launch

6. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine launch fine, but you do have to get the path exactly right in messenger.

I had an ftp session open to the xbox via IE whilst setting mine up so I could confirm the path whilst typing it into messenger.

7. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,926
    You can do it another way. This is using Xlink on the PC, not Bo-Xlink : If you join the room in xlink, then manually launch the game, go to the system link menu and then search for a game. It should find the game that is hosted in the room you are in.