1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with BMW 3 series install please

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Messiah, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hi all

I have a Parrot CK3300 Bluetooth/GPS kit I'm looking to install in my 3 series BMW (touring). I have bought the relevant ISO conversion lead from SIO Comms and removed the radio and connected everything up and it all works perfectly.

My problem is I have no idea where to hide the mass of cables and connectors and Parrot main boxes. There is an access hole at the rear left of the radio that seems to give access to behind the glove box.

Does anyone know if there is enough free space behind the glove box to fit all the gubbins and if so how do I remove the glove box. (i.e. number of screws etc) I really don't want to end up with the dash in bits if I can help it :eek:

Any help, diagrams, web sites etc would be most welcome and very much appreciated.

2. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,455
    A Google for "E46 Glove Box Removal" found this.

Looks simple enough - just remember to duck when the airbag goes off! :laugh:

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks crocodile. Easy install with loads of space behind the glove box. Really pleased with the install. Looks great.

4. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,455
    Did the glovebox simply "fall out" as was implied?

Off topic, but should you need to transport something that would fit into a proper estate (rather than the shoebox that BMW call loadspace), these people have good prices on Thule roof bars.

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    It needed a little 'jiggle' then just fell to the floor. Real easy.

I only got the tourer for the small dog (no longer with us :( ) and was perfect for that purpose. Also, still think it is one of the best looking 'estates' on the market. Thanks for the link on the roof boxes :thumbsup: