1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with BG800 scan fail

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bms2895, Apr 24, 2005.

1. bms2895

bms2895

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, hope someone can help me with my Barco Graphics 800. I removed the green tube to clean behind the glass because of fungus and reinstalled everything and now it wont start. It will power on but will not project anything, and I am getting a scan fail. Also the l.e.d. marked HTHD flickers on and off in sync with a clicking sound. Has anyone had this problem before? It should be an easy fix because I dont think I broke anything or shorted anything out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Chris.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    try removing the eht lead and end stage to see the projector powers up.
    It is possible you cracked the lead whe you took it out.
    If that works change the hole the eht lead is plugged into.

3. bms2895

bms2895

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland, Thanks for trying to help with this problem. I did what you said but there is no change in the way it reacts, (with the lead on or off). Is there anywhere that I might be able to download a service manual or a schematic? It is possible that I could have something hooked up wrong. Any other advise would be appreciated. Thanks again, Chris.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Doesn't sound like the tube it must be a connector that you have dislodged.

5. bms2895

bms2895

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have checked and re-checked every possible connecter on this unit and everything has a good connection. I have pulled every board and every connection to check for mis-aligned pins, loose wires ect. and can't find anything. Is it possible that I damaged the tube somehow?