Help with Belkin F5D9230-4 not assigning ip adresses

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by riverboat2001, Feb 3, 2009.

1. riverboat2001

riverboat2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Belkin wireless broadband router
    F5D9230-4 v5000
    Firmware Version
    Boot Version
    v2_0 - built 02:26:32, Jul 5 2005

Well I'm at my wits end with this router at the mo, all of a sudden it has stopped playing ball, it doesn't seem to want to assign ip addresses to any of my pc's or xbox 360's.

Setup and problems:
    NAS hard wired to Belkin can be seen and accessed by all devices.

HTPC (Vista) hard wired into iternet via Belkin - works fine

Desktop Pc (Vista) wireless to internet via Belkin - works fine (But ip is manually configured by me)

Dell laptop, (Vista) wil only connect to internet via Belkin if i manually set ip AND DNS
    but can see and connect to Belkin network

Samsung NC10 (XP) will only connect to be internet via Belkin if i manually set ip AND DNS, but again can see and connect to the Belkin Network.

Xbox 360 hard wired into Belkin, and again this can see the network but not connect to the internet, it fails on "your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox Live Servers or xbox.com. Turn your router or modem off and back on again, then wait 30 seconds, have you restarted your router?"

xbox 360 connected wirelessly, exactly the same as the faults above

ISP is Virgin

The cable modem and the router have been restarted numerous times, with deviced switched on and off, DCHP and UPNP are enabled in the router.
    So to sumerise ALL devices can see the network and each other, but the only two getting online are:
    Desktop wireless ip and dns manual
    HTPC hard wired

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please:lease:

2. beerhunter

beerhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +740
    Just a quick answer as I am about to retire: then they are all getting IP addresses.

3. riverboat2001

riverboat2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Oh, okay for that, i didn't realise, yet another thing i've learnt from these forums.

I have power cycled both the modem and router, and they are all working fine, and listed in the DCHP part of the router software, i also re-introduced each device one at a time.

Many thanks for your reply:clap: