Help with basic set up (2 questions)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Feersum enjinn, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Feersum enjinn

Feersum enjinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Video with 1 scart output.

DvD player with Scart and phono outputs

5.1 surround sound system with built in amp

20 inch basic tv with 1 scart output.

Panasonic AE100

(1) When i connect my multi region mustek DVD player to the panny with the svideo cable provided with the panny, i get no picture. I have changed the setting etc but i get nothing - any ideas? at the moment i am just using a scart the DVD end and the yellow phono lead going into the panny and this works fine - but i would rather use the svideo of course. any ideas?

(2) I want to play my video through the panny, this means TV, video and my digital tv channels can be played through the panny as they all are routed via the video in the first instance. I connect the scart into the video and the yellow phono lead to the panny and i get the picture (no problem here) BUT when i connect the red and white phono leads to my 5.1 surround system (front left/right sound in modules) i get only a buzzing noise and very very distorted sound. But if i use the same cable and plug my TV into the panny via scart and then the red and white phono leads give me perfect sound through my surround sound system. I dont understand why this same set up does not work through my video but does work with the tv. I really dont want to keep the tv on while using the panny hehe.