• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with Audio / Video solution for conference room.

1druid1

Standard Member
Hi All

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I have been asked to look into upgrading some equipment in a conference room. We have 2 choices but I have no idea how to deal with either.

Choice 1: 1 HDMI Projector and 2 HDMI 50" LCD Screens

We want to be able to select an HDMI input and display on all 3 Outputs at same time. Solution must be able to take 4 HDMI inputs

Choice 2: 1 HDMI Projector and 6 HDMI 21" - 27" LCD screens

Again as above but be able to display on all 7 Outputs at same time.

HDCP must be considered aswell.

Also if we require sound will the sound from the TVs be enough for both solutions or should be look at some sort of 4 speaker setup. Any sound solutions is appreciated aswell.

I dont have much clues when it comes to these type of setups.

Cheers

Druid

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
‘I dont have much clues when it comes to these type of setups’ – then your job is to find a local supplier/installer who does and forget about trying to become a system designer/installer overnight!

Where about are you and folk can give you some recommendations?

Joe

1druid1

Standard Member
Hi Joe.

That was my first suggestion to the MD was get in an expert, I was told no and to deal with it.

Cheers

Druid

1druid1

Standard Member
Hi

Should have added that I have looked at this so far.

2 x LG 50" LN540V LCD TV
1 x Ultra AV 4 x 4 HDMI Switch (SKU: K072C-008B) Not sure if it can do 1 input to 3 outputs at same time.
Optoma DH1015 Projector

Regards

Druid

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
‘I was told no and to deal with it’ – pretty standard response from someone with no clue as to the intricacies or complexities involved!

I’ll bet he/she has been in some well-designed/implemented room and thinks they want one and that they ‘just happen’.

I’ll bet everyone in the industry has seen countless hundreds of thousands of pounds wasted on poorly conceived and implemented conference rooms.

Possibly suggest you are sent on a CEDIA training Course – at least you’ll get something out of the mad cap plan :thumbsup: 

Home - CEDIA Education, Training & Certification for Home Integration, Entertainment and Control

Joe

PS What industry do you guys work in?

1druid1

Standard Member
Hi Joe

I only have 2 weeks to implement this, so training is out of the question, I work in a component production company, the boardroom is only for internal use for company presentations, training room ect.

I know its a big ask but can you look at what I have below and tell me if it will work?

ONKYO TXNR616 BLK AV Reciever
The inputs will possibly be : PC - Displayport to HDMI Convertor : Blueray Player : Apple TV

Boston Soundware XS SE
I choose these as they were small and white so would fit in with room.

2 x LG 50" LN540V LCD TV
Optoma DH1015 Projector

Only thing I am unsure of if I use one of the HDMI outputs on the AV Receiver, what would be the best to use to have this go to all 3 display sources at the same time, would a 1 x 3 HDMI Matrix work, if so could you suggest one?

All Audio will then be handled by the receiver and surround sound speakers. Also any good way to handle the control (Remote control) some sort of touch panel mounted ont he wall?

I know the above wont be a proffesional system but I have been told to get this as cost effective as possible.

Cheers

Druid

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
‘Also any good way to handle the control (Remote control) some sort of touch panel mounted ont he wall?’ – that is the key to the system not the choice of consumer grade AVR and speakers!

If nothing else suggest you commission someone to Spec/design the system.

Joe

logiciel

I would have said, and still say, what J F said in post #2 if he hadn't got in first!
On the other hand if you're now keeping it simple then you don't need to go as far as the Onkyo 616.
The 515 also has two HDMI output sockets.
You can't split one though on any AVR, and I don't know where you'll find an AVR with more.
Again keeping it simple a Harmony 900 IR/RF/IR universal remote controller would control those few devices.

Last edited:

1druid1

Standard Member
Hi Logiciel

Thanks for the reply, Is it possible to use a 1 - 4 HDMI Matrix Splitter on the output of the reciever? So the AV passes the ouput to the Matrix splitter then that sends to the 3 screens?

Cheers

Druid

logiciel

That's OK, and yes, for more than twice the price of a well specced AVR, and for the price of a reasonably good TV, you could use that for the simple;) task of splitting one of its HDMI outputs.:clap:

1druid1

Standard Member
Hi,

But the AVR couldnt do the job as its got to be split to 3 independant screens?

The only reason I went with the AVR was for the mutliple HDMI inputs and easy speaker setup.

Cheers

Druid

logiciel

My 515, like the 616, has two HDMI output sockets and can therefore feed two displays.
That very expensive "splitter" would cost twice the price of either Onkyo, but could connect to one of the HDMI sockets and feed four displays - that's what it's for.
The 515 and 616 have eight HDMI inputs, which is more than most AVRs have and than most people need, and more than your three sources need - a model with four would be adequate.
I don't know that setting the speakers on any AVR is easier than on any other; it's easy on any!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom