1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with an IR adapter!!!!!before I launch my p.c Out the window

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by ferris57, Oct 8, 2003.

1. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I realise this isn't gaming but I was wondering if any of you good folks could help.

I've got an old extended systems jeteye ir adpater that Im trying to get to work with my p.c but having little success.

Now I had it installed before and it worked a treat, but I uninstalled it a while back.

Now I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to install the drivers and software that came with it (which were meant for 95/98) but well I did. Now they worked fine first time round but since uninstalling and reinstalling it won't work (in that windows won't install it-freezes when I try to run add new hardware/infrared). I have also read that because I did this I may have damaged me's built in drivers (I'm running me by the way).

I read something about going to tools on the me cd then select pssutils and then click irdasir.reg which updates the ir drivers??

Well I only have a restore cd so that ones out :( bloody currys!

Anyone got any Ideas before I stick this thing in the microwave ;)

I really don't want to to a complete install of windows from scratch and spend the next few days trying to get my system back to where it is now!

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Forget it, got there in the end :)