Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help with Accent HT400 build and spec

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by newstuart, Jun 2, 2005.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Hi, ive recently purchased a accent ht400 case with imon inside to build a htpc with. This is what the pc will do when finsihed,

1)be used as DVD player
    2)be used with MCE or Imon as a front end for PVR,TV & music files etc
    3)Display will be a Daewoo low spec (non DVI input) plasma screen
    4)Amp is a Onkyo TX-DX 595 with built in decoder

I want to use the amp for all decoding duties fed ideally via optical lead and feed the plasma via the standard pc input

Im assuming because of this I will not need a high spec sound card or graphics card, is this correct ?

I have seen this on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67865&item=6772293532&rd=1

its a motherboard with built in graphics and sound, I was wondering would this be adequate for my needs ?

I also want to have twin freview cards fitted, any suggestions on these ? ideally reasonably cheap

Other than that I allready have a dvd drive,hardrive and psu. is there anything else I will want ?

Any tips or suggestions on how to do it differently are much appreciated