Question Help with a Yamaha RX-A2050 HDMI ISSUES

Paddyfin

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone help me
I've just got my new receiver and half of the hdmi inputs have stopped working av1,2 and 5
I'm loosing my mind, this amp seems so over complicated compared to my marantz

You need to explain more detail. We're things previously connected to these hdmi inputs and I assume they worked but they don't now?
It can deem very complex at first until you get familiar with the settings menu. It sounds like you may have reassigned the inputs accidentally or your not selecting the correct input.
I have never heard of any hdmi issues with these amps so explain your set up a bit more and am sure the forum members will get you sorted.

I have the rx-a2050 and have had no such issues, in fact over many years I have had at least four Yamaha receivers and had no problems I find them very reliable and quite easy to set up.As longy00000 says more info required.

I contacted the dealer today,they think it's a dodgy hdmi board so it has to go back
It's a brilliant amp, the sound is great and now I have atmos speakers in the ceiling I'm a happy camper, I was looking forward to testing the new soundproofing-for my lounge to the max.
Still hopefully it will be back soon, let mad max commence

Did you get sorted ?

I've got an rxa-2040 with a similar issue. Only inputs that seem to be unaffected are 4 and 6 (got nothing plugged into 7). Problem usually crops up after using it for 3-4 hours the previous day. Basically get no sound and intermittent picture. Sometimes get intermittent snowy screen. Get the problems in both standby pass through and powered on.

Bit disappointed to be honest - only had it six months before it first happened. Just taken it out and boxed it up ready to send back to the dealers. Hope you get yours sorted.

It was collected on Thursday and returned to creative audio, hopefully it will get sorted this week............... Come on guys.... Star Wars comes out soon!!!!

HDMI board has been replaced on mine. Should hopefully have it back by mid next week.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom