Help With A Tv Lock For Bracket

Dan Dan

Standard Member
Hello i was burgled and attacked about 2 weeks ago and had my 46 inch Samsung 3d smart tv stolen thank god the insurance are replacing it but i want to get a wall bracket and a lock to stop it ever happening again i have been to a few shops but i can not seem to find any does anyone know what i can use/get it doesn't matter about the price i just don't want this ever happening again.

The tv is a 46 Inch here is the link Buy Samsung UE46D8000 LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 46 Inch, freesat HD and Freeview HD with Built-in Wi-Fi online at JohnLewis.com

Any comment's would be amazing

AV Online

AVForums Sponsor
Sorry to hear about this! I think you should be able to use a Kensington laptop lock to attach the TV to the bracket, and assuming thieves don't come equipped to remove that from the wall it should prevent them from nicking it. That said I've gone to installs replacing TV's which have been damaged by thieves trying to wrench them off the wall as they didn't have the security type hex keys used on a lot of brackets which seem to do the job in most cases, apart from with the most determined (and stupid) burglar.

Dan Dan

Standard Member
Thanks for that i think im gonna look into that i just dont want it being stolen again by little tow rags haha the tellevision cost me £1,600 im so glad the insurance are going to replace it.

Do most wall brackets come with a hole to allow you to put a padlock on it or do i need to ask for one that will allow a lock to be used?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom